Tuesday 8 January 2013

Punching bag=100 lbs?! January 8, 2013 *204.0

= 100 lbs
I ran across this the other day. I was totally shocked! Did you know that heavy punching bag weighs 100 lbs?! My goal is to lose 100 lbs by end of 2013. I can not believe I am carrying the equivalent of a heavy bag around.

Someone posted this awhile back on MyFitnessPal. If I go by the list, I have lost a small bale of hay!

 1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an car tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of rubbish you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

***

I went out shopping today with my mom. We went out to eat afterward. I was kind of scared, that I would make bad choices. We went to a local restaurant that caters to people watching what they are eating. It has super delish food. I was able to get a salad/chicken/veggie plate, with homemade dressing on the side. I ate more than I normally do for lunch, and I could not do an accurate cal count. I am also not sure about my salt intake. Now that I have cut out salt from my diet, I can actually feel the difference when I do have some. I will drink as much water as I can, but I may be bloated for my weigh in tomorow.

***

Shoot me now. Its like I said, have one chip and I have to eat the whole bag! I ate out, and since then I have wanted to snack and eat! I have not succumbed, but dayum...

Tomorrow is not going to be good. Sheeesh.

***

Didn't snack tonight, but it was a very near thing. Things were rushed around the house, and I had supper standing up and rushed. The whole day felt out of control, and I really really didnt like it. I see now the reason I have done so well is all my planning, my slow and steady attitude to my meals. I never make anything that I really love, or have a hard time controlling. Supper tonight was meatloaf. One of my all time favorite things to eat. It was very hard to not keep picking at it til it was all gone. It was a close call. After I had nibbled once on the left over slice, I immediately stored it in a container and put it away. Out of site and out of mind.

***

2 comments:

  1. That is a great list of what things weigh! I remember buying a watermelon once and weighing it to see how much it weighed. It was 22 pounds and at that point I had lost about 50 pounds. I couldn't believe how heavy 22 pounds felt when I was holding it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know! I have been walking around weighing things for the last week, and saying, " I lost two of these", or "Holy cow, I lost a bale of hay!"

      What really got me was the heavy bag. It is something tangible that I have actually picked up. Or should I say tried to pick up. My eyes tear up when I think that I have been carrying that heavy bag nearly all my life. Its really kind of sad.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews